What is the Social Support Program?
The Social Support Groups (SSG) aims are to assist the Polish background people aged 65+ and their carers by:
- providing opportunities for members of the community to socialise with other people of similar background.
- presenting opportunities to share useful information.
- supporting involvement in group activities (e.g. discussions and guest speakers).
- encouraging participation in physical and mental health-oriented activities (i.e. light exercises).
- promoting participation in recreational activities (i.e. games, handcrafts, movies, singing, outings, excursions).
- providing necessary respite and support for carers.
Every SSG serves a Polish lunch for all participants. Lunch is prepared according to traditional and distinctively Polish recipes, respecting specific dietary requirements. Morning and afternoon tea, cakes and biscuits are also provided.
Morning and afternoon tea are also served in all groups.
Transport to and from the centres (by taxi) can be arranged through the Coordinator or Team Leaders.
We arrange transport services for participants of the following groups: Rowville (every Tuesday), Brunswick (every Wednesday) and Oakleigh (every Thursday).
There are eight Social Support Groups run by the Polish Community Care Services “Polcare”:
How to join the program?
To be able to join SSG Program, eligible clients should be registered in the My Aged Care and receive a special referral code for this type of services.
Who do I contact?
Mrs Małgosia Żuchowska – Care Services Manager/SSG Coordinator
Polish Community Care Services Inc. “Polcare”
Mobile: 0409 143 512
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org